So you want to level up with Laravel? The first step is to install Laravel on our machine. We'll do that installing Composer, pulling in Laravel's helpful installer utility, and then running laravel new project to generate the project.
1. Install Composer on Linux/Mac
Installing Locally: php composer-setup.php --install-dir=bin --filename=composer
Installing Globally: mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer
2. Install Laravel helpful installer utility via composer
composer global require "laravel/installer"
3. Make sure to place the
~/.composer/vendor/bin directory in your PATH so the Laravel executable can be located by your system.
//In your .bashrc add following line:
4. Make sure you restart the terminal or open a new one
5. Now, you can easily install Laravel using following command
laravel new MyFirstLaravelProject
6. Now to launch a application on PHP development server
php artisan serve
//Laravel development server started on http://localhost:8000/
Now enter http://localhost:8000/ on url browser